The Lost Ring – Tenali Rama Moral Story In English For Kids

 

The Lost Ring

Krishnadevaray was wearing a beautiful ring made of precious stones. One day, he found that it was lost and doubted that one of his guard would have stolen it. But he could not guess who the culprit was, he called Raman.

King: Raman my favourite precious ring is lost. I doubt on one of the 12 guard. How shall I find the thief?

Raman: My lord, I have an idea to find the thief but what would be a gift?

King: If you could find the thief, you would yet 100 gold coins.

Raman brought all 12 guards to a private room in the palace.

Raman: Guards, there is an idol of goddess Kali inside, everyone should enter one by one and touch the right feet of the goddess.

Guard: But, why should we do that?

Raman: The king has lost his ring he wants to find the thief. If you touch the feet of the goddess, she would identify the thief and tell me in my dream.

Raman sent the guards one by one inside the guards kept their palm on the right feet of the goddess, when they came out.

Raman: Show me your palm I have to smell it.

Raman sent the first six guards away and when he smelled the palm of the seventh guard.

Raman: Your highness! This man is the thief.

Guard: No, No, he is lying, I never stole ring your majesty.

The king ordered the guards to put him in prison.

King: How did you find that Rama? But you said, the goddess would come in your dream.

Raman: Oh! That was simple my lord. I had applied perfumes on the right feet of the idol. I could smell the perfume from the hands of those who really touched the feet but this guard was scared and did not touch the feet. His hand did not smell then I guessed he must be the thief.

The King appreciated Raman and gave him a bag of gold coins.

Moral: however a person tries to hide something from others but in a subconscious mind he knows what he has done. The guard who had stolen the ring got caught by his inner mind.

Comments