The Proud Magician – Tenali Rama Moral Story In English For Kids

The Proud Magician

One a magician from chitoor came to krishnadavaraya’s court. He entertains everyone in the court with his tricks and at the end he said..

Magician: O king! No one here in the kingdom can equal me my magic.

Krishnadevaraya did not like the man’s pride.

King: Is there anyone who can defeat the magician?

No one stood up. The King was shocked, then he thought Raman would be the right person to tackle the situation.

King: Raman, I give you one day’s time. You have to perform a magic that this man cannot do.

Raman was puzzled and went home sadly.

Lakshmi: Oh dear! What happened? Why are you looking so sad?

Raman: The King had ordered me to perform a magic to defeat the magician.

Lakshmi: Is it? Can you tell me what the thing exactly said?

Raman: I should perform something the magician cannot do.

Rama’s wife looked at her children playing in the sand and an idea come her mine.

The next day In the court.

King: Good morning Raman! Are you ready with the magic.

Raman: Yes my lord, I shall perform an act with both my eyes closed. The magician should do the same thing with both eyes open.

Magician: Performing with open eyes would be easier. Come on do it.

Raman closed his eyes and sprinkled some sand on them.

Raman: Here take the sand and now you must do the same with your eyes open.

The magician accepted his defeat and went away. The king priest Raman as usual and gifted him with a lot of gold coins.

Moral: Magician was an expert in his work and Raman did not know any magic but Raman was superior to him in common sense and intelligence. So the magician’s defeat was short.

Comments